Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's That Smell?

To be honest, I was somewhat impressed with the Revlon "Not So Blueberry" scented polish I bought a couple days ago so today I splurged and bought three more. Let's just call it a celebration that I have finished my exams and therefore second year of university. One year to go =). I decided to try "Raspberry Rapture", "Sublime Strawberry" and "Peach Smoothie" and I must say, YUM. Peach Smoothie and Sublime Strawberry smell soo good!! I tried each of them on one nail each but couldn't get a good sense of what Raspberry Rapture was really like so that one could be good too, I just don't know yet.

From left: Not So Blueberry, Raspberry Rapture, Sublime Strawberry and Peach Smoothie.

NAIL MAIL!!
It's been an exciting couple of days for nail mail. Yesterday my OPI Blue Shatter and OPI "I Juggle...Men" arrived. And just now, as I was writing about scented polishes, my sister came in with my package from www.bornprettystore.com. In that package there are three stamping plates M71 (Hello Kitty!! EXCITED!!), M77 and M65 as well as some other things but I cant say that because it's a present. Because they have just arrived, I haven't tried the new plates out yet so I will most likely do another post tonight after work. In the mean time, I'll show you OPI Blue Shatter over BYS Matte White




I had some trouble getting an accurate colour photo of this. I also had some trouble getting smooth, even coverage and it ended up being too thick and didn't crack as well as it could have. I'll give it another go soon.
Here is Blue Shatter over Raspberry Rapture


That's it from me for now. I just want to say one more thing before I go..
Happy 21st Birthday Sam!! xo =D


2 comments:

  1. I find that you shouldn't even try for smooth even coverage with shatters. The thinner and streakier going on the better it will shatter.

    Also don't worry about getting the entire nail length in one go. Since you are putting on such a thin layer you might have to pick up a bit more colour to finish the stroke. This just leads to more horizontal cracks so you see more base colour in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love getting nail mail!! I love the blue shatter over the Raspberry Rapture, it looks like it shattered really well!

    I tagged you for the Top 10 Award! :)

    ReplyDelete